Please note that this article is only for Minecraft: Java Edition servers and for single world/map uploads. If you need assistance with a Pocket Edition world or uploading multiple worlds (Multiverse/world, etc.), please contact our team for help.
If you are looking for a world you've saved from single-player Minecraft, you may find it under the following file path:
In order to use your own world on your Minecraft server, the world folder needs to be uploaded to your server's root directory either through Prisma's built-in file manager or FTP.
If you wish to use FTP to upload your world, you may use this guide to help you use WinSCP. Be sure to name the world folder exactly as you'd like your world on the server to be named.
If you wish to use the File Manager to upload your world, follow these steps:
- Open the folder that contains the world you wish to upload.
- Compress/archive the single parent world folder on your computer.
a. On Windows, right-click the folder and select "Send to" > "Compressed (zipped) folder".
b. On Mac, right-click the folder and select "Compress".
c. On ChromeOS, right-click the folder and select "Zip selection".
- Once the world folder is compressed, navigate to “Customize” > “File Manager” in Prisma.
- Use the “Upload” feature located towards the top-right of the panel.
a. Be sure you are not uploading the zipped file into any specific folder; your world folder needs to remain in the root directory ("/") in order for it to work!
- After the zipped world folder has uploaded successfully, locate it, select it, then click "Extract Selected" (button located back towards the top of the panel, where you uploaded the file originally).
- If the folder was renamed during the upload process, rename the file (using the yellow button with the pencil icon) to whatever you'd like your world name to be.
After you have uploaded your world folder, visit the "Overview" page in Prisma and select the appropriate world in the World selector. If you do not see the world folder you uploaded, use this guide to create the new world so Prisma knows what to load the server with. After you've uploaded the world folder and added the world to your world selector, restart the server and you should be good to go. If you're still having troubles, please contact our team.
WARNING: Be sure your server is running the appropriate server type before you start the server with your new world. Modded worlds and/or worlds built on higher version of Minecraft than the one you intend to use may result in world corruption and/or the server failing to start or run as expected.