Luckily, updating your server is a very easy process – just follow the steps below!
- Log into your Prisma account here: https://prisma.cubedhost.com/login
- Once you have logged in, select the server you wish to update.
- Select the “Stop” button and wait for your server status to show as “Stopped”.
- Within your Settings panel, locate the “Server Type” field and select the “Change” button.
- Adjust the fields you are presented with according to the server version you wish to upgrade to. You will likely have no need to adjust the “Server Source” field if you are only updating. (E.g. If you are running Spigot 1.12 and you want to upgrade to Spigot 1.12.2, you need only adjust the “Package” field and then select the version of that package you wish to run. Typically, this will show “Recommended” or “Latest” and any versions in-between.)
- Once you have adjusted the fields to your liking, press the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice and notified that changing server types can be dangerous.
a. If you are updating to an experimental server version, you may want to backup your server before you proceed with the update.
b. If you are using this guide to change your server type altogether, please be sure you’ve added a new world and backed up any files of importance before you proceed with your change.
- Once you are satisfied and ready to proceed, select the “Install” button. Prisma will take care of the installation for you and will also start (or restart if you skipped step #3) your server for you.
- Your server should have started successfully with the new server version installed. Congrats, you’ve updated!
Using a Custom JAR or PHAR?
See this guide for help!: https://cubedhost.com/help/minecraft/java-edition-pc/can-i-use-a-custom-jar
Trying to update a Bedrock/PE server?
If the server version you're looking for is not available in the selector, the server software for the version may not yet be available. If the Bedrock version was just released, this may very well be the case as it can sometimes take a few days for the PocketMine-MP team to release updates.
If you notice a new release on PMMP that's missing and/or you're having troubles, please reach out so we can help!
Still having trouble?
If you tried to follow these steps and your server has failed to start, the installation failed, or you’re having other trouble, please contact our Minecraft support team using the blue button in the bottom-right of our website.
Please be sure to let our team know exactly what you have already tried and/or where you began having trouble. We’re happy to help!