Your server JAR/type varies based on what type of server you’re running.
Are you running a Factions server? Do you have a modpack installed? Do you prefer vanilla? Well, each of these different things involves a different server type!
If you’re unsure what server type you need, please feel free to reach out to our team! You’ll need to tell us a bit about the plans you have for your server so we know exactly what you’ll need. Details we’ll need include whether or not you’ll be using plugins and/or mods and what Minecraft version you want. Without these details, there’s not much we can do to help!
Ready to change your server type? Follow these steps!
- Log into your Prisma account here: https://prisma.cubedhost.com/login
- Once you have logged in, select the server you wish to update.
- Select the “Stop” button and wait for your server status to show as “Stopped”.
- Before you go any further, be aware…
a. If you wish to keep any of the files you have now, you should back them up. Changing your server type can cause previous files to be corrupted and/or erased.
b. You will need to create a new world before you change your server type. If you change your server type without a new world, this may cause world corruption and your server may fail to start and/or run as it should.
- If you’re ready to proceed, stay on (or navigate to) the "Overview" page for your server in Prisma, then locate the “Server Type” field located within your Settings module and select the “Change” button.
- Adjust the fields you are presented with according to the server type and package you wish to run.
a. Example: If you are wanting to use an FTB modpack, select “Feed The Beast” for your Server Source and go from there.
- Once you have adjusted the fields to your liking, press the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Once you are satisfied and ready to proceed, select the “Install” button. Prisma will take care of the installation for you and will also start (or restart, if you skipped step #3) your server for you.
- Your server should have started successfully with the new server JAR installed. Please note that it can sometimes take a few minutes for the server JAR to install before your server will fully start and show as online. Be patient, you’ll be mining soon!
If you would like to use a custom JAR you need assistance, please see this guide.
If you tried to follow these steps and your server has failed to start or you’re having trouble, please contact our Minecraft support team.
Please be sure to let our team know exactly what you have already tried and/or where you began having trouble. We’re happy to help!