Hardcore mode is exactly like it sounds... hardcore. This mode locks your world into hard difficulty level and forces players into spectator mode upon death - there is no chance to respawn. While there are some plugins/mods that offer variants of "hardcore", this article will focus on the vanilla setting.
If you'd like to give it a go, enabling the mode is the easiest part! Just like any other server setting, you'll find the option for hardcore in the Settings panel under “CUSTOMIZE” > “SETTINGS”. Once you've found the Hardcore toggle, enable it, save your change, then start/restart your server.
Disabling this mode is a bit more complex as it must be manually done. Luckily, this guide is here to help walk you through it! Just follow the steps below...
- Stop your server by clicking the stop button either at the top of the panel or on the "OVERVIEW" screen.
- Within your Prisma control panel, navigate to "CUSTOMIZE" > "FILE MANAGER".
- Locate your active world folder and open it.
- Locate the "level.dat" folder and delete it by selecting the red button with the trash can icon.
- Once the file is deleted, revisit your settings panel under "CUSTOMIZE" > "SETTINGS", adjust the Hardcore toggle, then select the Save button.
- Start/restart your server.
You should be all set! If this does not work for you or you get confused along the way, just reach out to our team and we'll gladly assist you.
For more information about Hardcore mode, please click here.