In addition, we've developed a unique automatic update system that works to keep your server updated as soon as new versions of your favorite jars and modpacks are released.
Please keep in mind that immediately after a Minecraft update, there usually isn't an updated CraftBukkit or Spigot version available.
If you're looking to update a modpack (not Cauldron/MCPC+), check out this guide. Cauldron/MCPC+ support automatic updates on our system.
Which server types support automatic updates?
Virtually all of our server types support automatic updates. Any options listed as "latest" will run the absolute latest version available. This includes vanilla Minecraft, snapshots, Spigot, and more.
- CraftBukkit Stable/Recommended, Beta, and Dev versions match up to the downloads available on dl.bukkit.org - these are updated on an hourly basis.
- The Spigot (Latest) option matches the most recent build available from the official Spigot website, updated hourly. We also offer additional Spigot options for older versions of Minecraft as well.
- Cauldron/MCPC+ options are kept up-to-date separately for each specific version. This means that you just select the correct option to match your mods and automatic updates will keep you running the latest build.
- Modpacks are typically updated within 24 hours of a new version being released, though this may not always be the case. If you have automatic updates enabled and your server appears to be running an outdated version of a modpack, please contact our support team.
How do I enable automatic updates?
Simple! Just login to Multicraft and select Files -> Config Files, then find the "Enable/Disable Auto-Update" option.
From there, just set "Automatic Updates" to "Enabled", press the Save button, and you're good to go.
How do automatic updates work?
With auto-updates enabled, all you need to do to grab the latest version is restart your server. It's as simple as that!
Warning: with auto-updates enabled, your server will try to update after every restart. If you're using a custom jar, please disable automatic updates.
If you do not wish to run the absolute latest version of whichever server type you have selected, we recommend leaving auto-updates disabled.
How do I manually update my server?
Sometimes you might want to play on a specific version of Minecraft, rather than the latest version. To do that, just follow these steps.
- Login to Multicraft
- Find the "JAR File" or "Server Type" option
- Open the dropdown list and select whichever version you want
- Save (at the bottom)
- Restart your server
If you have any trouble, feel free to submit a support ticket and our team will gladly assist!