Looking to change the message that shows for your server on your bookmarks list in Minecraft? We understand! The default message is rather boring, after all.
Luckily, updating this message is very easy!
First, you’ll want to be sure you have your message prepared. If you’re unfamiliar with writing an MOTD, you might consider using an MOTD generator (such as this one) or typing out the message on a notepad before you add it to your server.
Instead of using
& as you normally would to format your text in Minecraft, you'll instead use
\u00a7 to add formatting.
For example, the code for aqua-colored text is
\u00a7b . So, an aqua-colored “Hello!” message would look like this:
\u00a7bHello! . A bold, aqua-colored message would look like this:
To add a new line to your Server Message, you'll use
Note: If you are modifying your MOTD within BungeeCord’s config.yml file, you will use an ampersand (
& ) instead of
\u00a7 . Each color/format for text corresponds with its own letter or number as shown here:
Once your message is prepared, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Prisma account here: https://prisma.cubedhost.com/login
- Once you have logged in, select the server you wish to update.
- Select the “Stop” button and wait for your server status to show as “Stopped”.
- Navigate to “CUSTOMIZE” > “SETTINGS”.
- Enter your desired message/MOTD in the “Server Message / MOTD” field.
- Select the “Save” button at the bottom of the Settings panel.
- Start your server.
The message should show immediately within your Minecraft client within your bookmarks list, assuming your server is bookmarked.
If you don't see the changes right away, be sure to refresh the list!